Sunday, August 18, 2019

Back to School


It has been a crazy few weeks, and I have gotten behind on my blog. I apologize. This one won't be too long as I am busy working on this week's lessons. It is so hard to get back in the swing of things during that first week. Even though I spent the summer planning lessons, working on my classroom, attending and giving PD workshops, I still was not prepared for that first week kind of tired. 

   


It's funny how the lesson plans pan out in your mind as you put it all together. You can see the activities happening. You have your imaginary students playing your first personally created original escape game. It works beautifully in your mind. Then, you try it with real live students... well, time to tweak it :)

My new crew of 8th graders are the best! I have many younger siblings of former students. They seem, as a whole, mostly respectful and diligent. Even if they don't understand something, they don't give up! I love their enthusiasm. I haven't had a class like this since the current juniors.

 

We are getting ready to start week three in our school year. I cannot wait to update you on all of the fun projects we complete this year! If my donor's choose project gets funded, I'll be posting some amazing things we will be able to do with our passion projects! Stay tuned!

I've joined the #clearthelists movement and have posted mine. It includes dividers for the tables for testing.  If you'd like to support my classroom, I have a list on amazon as well as my Donor's Choose project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment